Percutaneous Closure of Patent Ductus Arteriosus — Current Status
- Volume 23 - Issue 12 - December 2011
- Posted on: 12/1/11
- 0 Comments
- 5562 reads
- Thanopoulos BD, Tsaousis GS, Papadopoulos GS, et al. Transcatheter closure of patent ductus arteriosus using the swivel disk and plug occluders (abstr). Cathet Cardiovasc Interv. 2002;57:99.
- Haneda N, Masue M, Tasaka M, Fukui C, Saito K, Yamaguchi S. Transcatheter closure of patent ductus arteriosus in an infant weighing 1180 g. Pediatr Int. 2001;43(2):176-178.
- Thukaram R, Suarez WA, Sundararaghavan S. Transcatheter closure of the patent arterial duct using the Flipper coil in a premature infant weighing 1400 g: a case report. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2005;66(1):18-20.
- Roberts P, Adwani S, Archer N, Wilson N. Catheter closure of the arterial duct in preterm infants. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal. 2007;92(4):248-250.
- Francis E, Singhi AK, Lakshmivenkateshaiah S, Kumar RK. Transcatheter occlusion of patent ductus arteriosus in pre-term infants. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2010;3(5):550-555.
- Bass JL, Wilson N. Transcatheter occlusion of the patent ductus arteriosus in infants — experimental testing of a new Amplatzer device. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2011 Jan 13. [Epub ahead of print]
From the University of Texas-Houston Medical School/Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, Houston, Texas.
Disclosure: The author has completed and returned the ICMJE Form for Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest. The author reports no conflicts of interest regarding the content herein.
Address for correspondence: P. Syamasundar Rao, MD, Professor and Emeritus Chief, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Texas/Houston Medical School, 6410 Fannin Street, UTPB Suite #425, Houston, TX 77030. Email: P.Syamasundar.Rao@uth.tmc.edu